As winter releases its icy grip, the snow starts to melt away, revealing beneath it the lush soils that soon begin to thrive with life. Springtime is here in the Shuswap, and now we can begin to see what a wonderful place this is, and why is so good to move here.
Temperatures can still be chilly overnight here, but daytime warms up and the afternoons can be pleasantly warm, stimulating the growth of plants, flowers, trees and grasses.
And of course, it pays to be aware that bears come out of hibernation at this time, so if you go out spring hiking on the many beautiful trails, make sure you take your bear bangers!
Springtime events and things to do are abundant around the entire Shuswap region; here’s a shortlist of some of them:
- Experience the arts and culture of the Shuswap: https://www.shuswaptourism.ca/do/arts-culture/
- Hike or ride on the trails: https://www.shuswaptourism.ca/do/outdoor-adventure/hiking-listings/
- Shop at the many Farmers Markets: https://www.shuswaptourism.ca/food-and-drink/farmers-markets-listings/
- Go adventuring with the varied mix of outdoor activities available: https://www.shuswaptourism.ca/do/outdoor-adventure/
- And there’s a bunch of unique attractions in the area too: https://www.shuswaptourism.ca/do/attractions/
- And if you’re hungry after all of that, take in a bite to eat: https://www.shuswaptourism.ca/taste-trails/
For more reasons to move to the Shuswap, check out some of the other posts on our website.
Post Your Comment: