Keeping your lawn, flowerbeds and shrubs looking great enhances the ‘curb appeal’ of your property, presenting a clean, tidy, and attractive appearance to your property for potential buyers. However, it can also be a lot of work, so here are a few do-it-yourself tips that may help to make these tasks easier and less time-consuming:
- Add bark mulch around trees and shrubs. That way, you won’t have to cut the grass in those areas and you’ll avoid having to use shears or a trimmer to do the job properly. Plus, bark mulch around you trees can alleviate stress to the roots, making your trees and shrubs healthier!
- Consider applying mulch in flower beds too. It will reduce weeds, and also help to retain moisture so you won’t have to water as often.
- Adjust your lawnmower blades to the optimal height for short, well-groomed grass. That way, you won’t have to mow as often, and your lawns will look much neater.
- Use tools that don’t require you to bend over or work on your knees; these tools can greatly reduce fatigue.
- Avoid high-maintenance plants that need strict watering and tending regiments. No-fuss plants are ideal. Your local gardening center will be able to advise you if you’re unsure.
- Consider using a soaker hose; it has holes all along the tubing that gently release water. Simply snake the hose through your flowerbeds and shrubs, and around your trees, then turn on the water and the hose does the rest!
Want more tips for making your property look great, especially if you’re in the market or thinking of selling?