Just Released: Royal LePage Q2 2018 House Price Survey and Market Forecast
The Q2 2018 Royal LePage House Price Survey and Market Forecast Survey was released to media early this morning. Below you will find highlights from the release, links to social media assets available for you to share and select media coverage.
Key highlights from the national release include:
- Home price appreciation slowed across Canada in the second quarter of 2018, marked primarily by softness in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). The price of a home in Canada increased 2.0 per cent year-over-year to $613,968 this quarter
- Looking ahead, Royal LePage is projecting an uptick in home price appreciation in the third quarter of 2018 with the aggregate price of a home in Canada set to increase 1.9 per cent compared to the second quarter
- GTA expected to post third quarter price gains after price declines in the second quarter
- Greater Montreal Area home price appreciation surpasses the national rate for the first time in seven years
- Greater Vancouver home values forecast to increase 1.5 per cent over the next three months
- Southern Ontario cities outside the GTA post highest home price increases in the province as buyers migrate to affordable communities
- In Western Canada, B.C. continues to see the highest home prices and appreciation rates in the country
A big thank you to all of our spokespeople from across the country for their contributions in providing regional perspectives. Regional insights can be found in both the national release and in city-specific releases.